There is such a thing as a free lunch Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Claim")
VICINITY CENTRES PRIVACY NOTICE
There is such a thing as a free lunch
VICINITY CENTRES PM PTY LTD ABN 96 101 504 045 as agent on behalf of the Shopping Centre, The Myer Centre, 91 Queen Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia. Ph: 0419251219
The Myer Centre, 91 Queen Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia. Ph: 0419251219
Start date: 30/10/20 at 11:00 am AEST
End date: 01/11/20 at 02:00 pm AEST, or when 300 gift cards have been awarded, whichever is first to occur.
Claims are only open to Queensland residents. Claimants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to claim.
How To Claim
To claim a gift card, the claimant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period, while gift stock last: [ET1]
(a) spend at least $50 (across any number of transactions) on any goods or services (other than the Excluded Items) from any store in The Myer Centre Brisbane and collect their purchase receipt(s) (“Qualifying Spend”);
(b) visit the pop-up desk on Level Q (near Myer) and show their proof of purchase (original receipt) from their Qualifying Spend; and
(c) complete the claim form for the promotion (available at the pop-up desk) with requested details and their signature, and then submit it along with their proof of purchase (original receipt) in the claim box provided.
Claimants have the option at the time of claiming a gift, to complete a sign up form to subscribe to receive news of exclusive The Myer Centre events and promotions via email or SMS from Vicinity Centres.
Excluded Items: The following products or services (including vouchers relating to such products or services) will not be eligible to purchase to claim a gift: gift cards, liquor or tobacco products, weapons of any kind, prescription medicines and cosmetic or surgical procedures.
Multiple claims permitted subject to the following:
a) limit one (1) claim permitted per Qualifying Spend;
b) maximum of one (1) claim permitted per person per day; and
c) each claim must be completed separately and in accordance with the claim instructions above.
Number of this gift
Value (per gift)
The gift is a $10 gift card, redeemable at the Food Court or at participating retailers at The Myer Centre.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card. For more details visit https://www.vicinity.com.au/uploads/pdfs/gift_card_the_myer_centre.pdf.
Gift with Purchase
Successful claimant notification:
Successful claimants will be notified immediately upon claim.
1. The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a gift in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date, while stocks of gift cards last ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period, while stocks of gift cards last.
4. Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Shopping Centre, the Promoter, their tenants, businesses involved in determination of successful claimant/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to claim a gift. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent.
5. If a gift is claimed by a person under the age of 18, the gift may be awarded to the claimant's parent or guardian and where applicable to the gift a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
6. Claimants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Claim section for each claim as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If a claimant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific claim or each claim, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the claimant's respective claim/claims for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all claims submitted by that claimant and/or forfeit the claimant's right to a gift. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for claim; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to claim. If the Promoter invalidates a claim and forfeits the claimant’s right to a gift, the Promoter may require a gift already awarded to be returned to the Promoter or the Participating Shopping Centre of receipt. No part of a gift is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other gift or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
7. Each gift will be awarded to the person named in the claim and any claim that is made on behalf of a claimant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
8. If a gift is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier and the provision of the gift is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the gift, any delay or failure relating to the gift itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Claim or otherwise.
9. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
10. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected claims, or suspend or modify a gift, subject to State or Territory regulation.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of any automated claim software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims and claimants in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions or where the Promoter has reason to believe that the entrant has engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the complainant/claimant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
13. The Promoter, the Shopping Centre owner/s and their associated agencies, related companies, officers, employees and contractors will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
14. The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter and Shopping Centre may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
16. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.